When you log in to any of SCRC’s systems, you will find yourself in your home directory. A bighome is separate storage from your home directory where you keep your data and larger files.
Your home directory (homedir)
- SCRC home directories have a capacity of around 5-10GB.
- Home directories are backed up every hour.
- They are designed for storing small files like programs and scripts.
- To find the full path to your home directory, type the command
- For example, “/homedir/employees/X/yourHomedir.”
- Check your home directory usage with the command
Your bighome (bigdata)
- If you need more space than what is provided in your home directory, email firstname.lastname@example.org for access to a bighome.
- Bighome storage is accessed from your home directory by the symlink “bigdata”, i.e.,
- Bighome storage is backed up nightly.
- There is no formal quota limit, but researchers should contact SCRC if they need more than 1TB of storage.
- Check your storage usage with the command